Monday, May 25, 2020

Cloud Deployment Solutions for Infrastructure Build

A while ago, I posted some free hands-on cloud computing options from AWS, AZURE, GOOGLE, & IBM. I also wanted to share some deployment solutions for infrastructure build. It came very apparent to me that if I don’t become more proficient in the DevOps field, I would be left behind. Enabling code to build out bare-metal infrastructure is a game-changer. That doesn’t mean to forget all of the server engineering skills that you have gathered over the years. I believe you still need to have an understanding of how to do manual deployments. Once you’ve worked the kinks out of the manual build and established a baseline, then use the code from there. Code will decrease the build-out and software deployment from weeks to hours. It also lowers the change failure rate by 45% and will allow customers to be up and operational in no time. Infrastructure-as-code is my next challenge.  
 
Deployment Solutions
 
Chef: 
https://www.chef.io/ 
Learning Chef
https://learn.chef.io/#/
 
Puppet:
https://lnkd.in/gqFQgqy 
Puppet Learning-VM
https://lnkd.in/g3_KhiS 
 
Learn online with free, single-topic web-based classes.
https://lnkd.in/gPffVP7
 
Jenkins:
https://www.jenkins.io/

No comments:

Post a Comment